Friday, June 22, 2012

Trial and Error...

Pin It Now!



Ok, I am a caramel lover.  I thought it would be so great if I could conquer the caramel apple.  I would be making them all the time if I did.  So today I tried.  And failed. 

I researched, and studied and read comments.  To no avail. I made the caramel, it looked beautiful, I thought I just hit one out of the part...and then it cooled.  Into a grainy mess of caramel crumbs. I was left with six pretty, yet non-caramelly apples, and an 8x8 pan of not chewy caramel.  Tear... So, now it is back to the drawing board.  More research, and more reading.  Hopefully next attempt will be more successful. 

Word to the wise.  Sugar, water and a pinch of cream of tarter is apparently NOT a good enough substitute for light corn syrup, in spite of what anyone says. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it crumbled! The apples in the picture look beautiful, too! Let me know if it works next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...